Established in 2008, we are a growing solutions and software engineering company operating out of our HQ in the Plymouth Science Park. We provide our public and private sector clients with a portfolio of skills and services including: Software Engineering, Cloud Transitioning, Solutions Architecture and Systems Integration.
Rowe IT is an exciting, progressive business which has developed strong working relationships with its clients. At the heart of this is its staff; people who believe in collaboration and have passion and pride in what they achieve. As a part of this you will have the opportunity to flexibly work in a modern, vibrant office and expand your knowledge and skills into exciting new areas. As Rowe IT grows, we will ensure you do too.
Based in our Plymouth HQ, you will be working as part of a multi-skilled team to deliver solutions to our clients based across the UK. Your role will be hands on, involved in the design, development, delivery and coordination of our projects across the whole stack. Activities will include:
- Requirements gathering
- Design and development
- Leading an agile team
- Setting the technical direction of projects
- Estimating and assisting in pre-sales activities
- Ensuring code quality
- Creating, and working to, a project schedule
- Delivering improvements to team processes, tooling and techniques
- Sharing knowledge and experience with others
- Some offsite travel and working will be required.
Who Are You?
You are a seasoned technical lead or a developer looking to move to the next level, with an excellent understanding of good software development practices, patterns and architecture, including unit and integration testing.
You should have or aspire to gain a thorough grounding and proven track record in developing applications across the stack, using a wide range of technologies.
You should be an excellent communicator and be able to collaborate and operate in dynamic agile team based environments. A growth mind-set and the ability to think creatively is essential.
Some projects will require that you undertake and be eligible for UK security clearance (BPSS or SC).
- Technical Leadership
- Core and Enterprise Java including Spring
- HTML5, CSS3
- Requirements gathering
- System design and a firm grasp of SOLID principles
- Systems integration
- Web Services
- Software Design patterns
- Automated UI Testing such as Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin etc.
- TDD (Test driven development)
- Agile, Scrum
- Cloud Platform solution delivery (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
- GIS e.g. ArcGIS, GeoServer, GeoNetwork
As well as a competitive salary dependent upon experience, we also offer great benefits including:
- 7.5% Pension contribution
- Performance related bonus
- Life insurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development (including conference attendance)
- High specification laptop and mobile phone
- Onsite cafe
If you are passionate about your work, proactive and curious about new technology and solutions, we want to hear from you. Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Just so you know, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or choice of mobile phone.