We help the public sector improve their use of technology, making a difference to the people of the UK.
We work on diverse projects. Whether it is supporting climate science, helping our armed forces make better decisions, looking after our forests and woodlands, supporting green city schemes, optimising government procurement… our work matters.
As an established technology service provider operating out of the South West, we apply knowhow and expertise to help our clients with their digital journey. Through agile software engineering practices, exploiting the power of the cloud and unlocking value in data, we deliver innovative cutting edge services and solutions.
Rowe IT is an exciting, growing business which has developed strong working relationships with prestigious clients who include the MOD, Met Office, UK Hydrographic Office, Forestry Commission and central government. At the heart of this is its staff; people who believe in collaboration and have a passion and pride in what they achieve for the greater good.
This is a hybrid role. Although regular visits to our Plymouth HQ will be required, you will also be able to regularly work from your home office. You will be part of a multi-skilled team to deliver solutions to our clients predominantly based in the South-West but potentially elsewhere in the UK.
We are looking for an experienced and driven Account Manager to join our growing team. You will be responsible for managing our client relationships and driving sales growth for our organisation.
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with new and current clients, ensuring we meet their needs as their businesses evolve
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Rowe IT’s solutions and technical capabilities
- Collaborate with the delivery team to provide clients with comprehensive proposals and solutions that align with their needs
- Provide ongoing support to clients to ensure they remain satisfied with Rowe IT’s services
- Develop a deep understanding of contractual and commercial agreements with clients and ensure we observe them
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date account records and reports, ensuring the contract is running to budget, is appropriately resourced, and that client feedback is satisfactory
- Identify new business opportunities within existing accounts and work with the Senior Account Manager and Principle Technical Consultant to drive growth
- Work with the sales team to develop proposals and tender responses, and establish Rowe IT’s account management processes with new clients
The Ideal Candidate
You would be based in the South West and able to work in a hybrid manner. This is not a fully remote role. You will be a proven account manager with experience in delivering large, complex projects. The ability to collaborate with a broad stakeholder group, both internal and external, is essential to the success of the role. You need the ability to ‘join the dots’ between Rowe and our clients’ needs. You will have strong critical reasoning skills, ability to grasp technical concepts and provide strategic advice. You work well under pressure meeting multiple and competing deadlines. You have a friendly and engaging nature.
Some projects will require that you undertake and be eligible for UK security clearance (BPSS or SC).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing accounts in a managed service/consulting environment, and delivering value to clients
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of IT solutions and services including network infrastructure, cloud computing, and cybersecurity
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proven track record of achieving new sales and business growth
- Familiarity with sales pipelines and public sector tendering
Recruitment always starts with an initial Teams or Google Meet call. If both sides feel there is a good fit, this is then followed up with a second stage interview which includes:
- A 10 minute presentation on a subject of our choice
- Technical role based discussion
- Cultural interview
This may vary dependent upon experience or the role.
Salary between £43,000 to £60,000 dependent on experience, coupled with an annual bonus based upon the overall performance of the company. A range of other benefit are also available to the successful candidate:
- 7.5% pension contribution
- Life insurance
- Income Protection (after 6 months)
- Private Health Insurance
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development
- Flexible working
Our cultural values have been developed by our employees, with our client’s needs at the forefront of our thinking. Our commitment is to offer cutting-edge solutions, provide support and adapt to meet our customer needs. This would not be possible without the growth mentality and love of technology encapsulated by all at Rowe IT. We passionately believe in knowledge sharing and continual development. To do this we have created a culture which allows employees to grow by exploring new areas and skills. Our employees are the best at what they do and are at the heart of our culture. We encourage flexibility of working to ensure a healthy work/life balance. We are one team: supportive and fun celebrating individuality. We are Rowe IT
Are you interested?
If you are passionate about your work, proactive and curious about new technology and solutions, we want to hear from you. Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know if we can make this process more accessible to you.
Just so you know, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.