We help the public sector improve their use of technology, making a difference to the people of the UK.
We work on diverse projects. Whether it is supporting climate science, helping our armed forces make better decisions, looking after our forests and woodlands, supporting green city schemes, optimising government procurement… our work matters.
As an established technology service provider operating out of the South West, we apply knowhow and expertise to help our clients with their digital journey. Through agile software engineering practices, exploiting the power of the cloud and unlocking value in data, we deliver innovative cutting edge services and solutions.
Rowe IT is an exciting, growing business which has developed strong working relationships with prestigious clients who include the MOD, Met Office, UK Hydrographic Office, Forestry Commission and central government. At the heart of this is its staff; people who believe in collaboration and have a passion and pride in what they achieve for the greater good. As a part of this you will have the opportunity to flexibly work in a modern, vibrant office and expand your knowledge and skills into exiting new areas. As Rowe IT grows, we will ensure you do too.
Based in our Plymouth HQ, you will be working as part of a multi-skilled team to deliver solutions to our clients based across the UK. Your role will be hands on, involved in the design, development and delivery of our projects across the whole stack. Activities will include:
- Defining solutions for auto deployment, provisioning and scalability
- Advising on use of PaaS and IaaS
- Assisting in the technical direction of projects
- Champion infrastructure as code philosophy
- Working to a project schedule
- Suggesting improvements to team processes, tooling and techniques
- Sharing knowledge and experience with others
- Some offsite travel and working will be required
- Gain/Maintain AWS Certifications
Who Are You?
You are a cloud engineer looking to move to the next level, with an excellent understanding of cloud patterns and architecture.
You should be an excellent communicator and be able to collaborate and operate in dynamic agile team based environments. A growth mind-set and the ability to think creatively is essential.
Some projects will require that you undertake and be eligible for UK security clearance (BPSS or SC).
- Configuration management experience such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Experience
- Scripting e.g. Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby, Terraform, Cloud Formation
- CDN and internet networking
- Supporting development teams as a Sys Admin
- Experience of auto-scaling and provisioning
- Web and Application Servers such as NGINX, Apache and Tomcat/Jetty
- Agile, Scrum
- Continuous Integration systems e.g. Hudson/Jenkins
- Logging and monitoring e.g. ELK, Stack Driver
As well as a competitive salary dependent upon experience, we also offer great benefits including:
- 7.5% Pension contribution
- Performance related bonus
- Life insurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development (including conference attendance)
- High specification laptop
- Onsite cafe
Culture is at the heart of our growth. With values developed by our employees, our customers needs and challenges are behind our drive and passion. Our commitment is to offer cutting edge solutions, provide support and adapt to meet our customer needs. This would not be possible without the growth mentality and love of technology encapsulated by all at Rowe IT. We passionately believe in knowledge sharing and continual development. To do this we have created a culture which allows employees to grow by exploring new areas and skills. Our employees are the best at what they do and are at the heart of our culture. We encourage flexibility of working to ensure a healthy work/life balance. We are one team; supportive and fun celebrating individuality. We are Rowe IT
If you are passionate about your work, proactive and curious about new technology and solutions, we want to hear from you. Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Just so you know, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or choice of mobile phone.