We help the public sector improve their use of technology, making a difference to the people of the UK.
We work on diverse projects. Whether it is supporting climate science, helping our armed forces make better decisions, looking after our forests and woodlands, supporting green city schemes, optimising government procurement… our work matters.
As an established technology service provider operating out of the South West, we apply knowhow and expertise to help our clients with their digital journey. Through agile software engineering practices, exploiting the power of the cloud and unlocking value in data, we deliver innovative cutting edge services and solutions.
Rowe IT is an exciting, growing business which has developed strong working relationships with prestigious clients who include the MOD, Met Office, UK Hydrographic Office, Forestry Commission and central government. At the heart of this is its staff; people who believe in collaboration and have a passion and pride in what they achieve for the greater good.
This is a hybrid role. Although regular visits to our Plymouth HQ will be required, you will also be able to regularly work from your home office. You will be part of a multi-skilled team to deliver solutions to our clients predominantly based in the South-West but potentially elsewhere in the UK. Your role will be hands on, involved in the analysis and design, of our projects for a wide range of clients. Activities will include:
- Analyse and improve business processes, visualise and be able to articulate complex concepts
- Apply a digital way of thinking, capturing and incorporating user needs
- Assist in the overall direction of projects
- Champion innovation and new ways of tackling business problems
- Working to a project schedule
- Suggest improvements to team processes, tooling and techniques
- Share knowledge and experience with others
- Some offsite travel and working will be required
- Gain/Maintain industry recognised certifications
The Ideal Candidate
You are someone who focusses on the way an organisation operates but understands technology sufficiently to be able map these business processes to technical solutions. You are looking to move to the next level, and work across many different clients and projects.
You should be an excellent communicator and be able to collaborate and operate in dynamic agile team-based environments. A growth mind-set and the ability to think creatively is essential.
Some projects will require that you undertake and be eligible for UK security clearance (BPSS or SC).
- Technical – business process modelling, requirements engineering, agile working, performing cost-benefit analysis
- Research – analysis of the as-is business and developing to-be models
- Critical thinking – ability to perform what-if analysis and explore options
- Communication – stakeholder engagement and management, negotiation, tailoring your approach to different stakeholder groups, both online and in person
- Ownership – able to take responsibility for their own deliverables and co-ordinate the efforts of others in the team
- Ability and willingness to be a product owner and/or delivery manager
- Recognised business process modelling frameworks, e.g. BPML and BPMN
- Use case and sequence modelling, e.g. UML
- Skilled in appropriate methods and tools, e.g. Orchestra, Activiti etc.
- Skilled in creating visual representations of business models, in Visio, LucidChart etc.
- IT skills, including a good understanding of cloud platforms, programming languages, databases
We anticipate a starting salary of £45,000, coupled with an annual bonus based upon the overall performance of the company. A range of other benefit are also available to the successful candidate:
- 7.5% pension contribution
- Life insurance
- Income Protection (after 6 months)
- Private Health Insurance
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development
- Flexible working
Our cultural values have been developed by our employees, with our client’s needs at the forefront of our thinking. Our commitment is to offer cutting-edge solutions, provide support and adapt to meet our customer needs. This would not be possible without the growth mentality and love of technology encapsulated by all at Rowe IT. We passionately believe in knowledge sharing and continual development. To do this we have created a culture which allows employees to grow by exploring new areas and skills. Our employees are the best at what they do and are at the heart of our culture. We encourage flexibility of working to ensure a healthy work/life balance. We are one team: supportive and fun celebrating individuality. We are Rowe IT
Are you interested?
If you are passionate about your work, proactive and curious about new technology and solutions, we want to hear from you. Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please let us know if we can make this process more accessible to you.
Just so you know, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.