We help the public sector improve their use of technology, making a difference to the people of the UK.
We work on diverse projects. Whether it is supporting climate science, helping our armed forces make better decisions, looking after our forests and woodlands, supporting green city schemes, optimising government procurement… our work matters.
As an established technology service provider operating out of the South West, we apply knowhow and expertise to help our clients with their digital journey. Through agile software engineering practices, exploiting the power of the cloud and unlocking value in data, we deliver innovative cutting edge services and solutions.
Rowe IT is an exciting, growing business which has developed strong working relationships with prestigious clients who include the MOD, Met Office, UK Hydrographic Office, Forestry Commission and central government. At the heart of this is its staff; people who believe in collaboration and have a passion and pride in what they achieve for the greater good.
Based in our Plymouth HQ, you will be working as part of a multi-skilled team to deliver solutions to our clients based across the UK. Your role will be hands on, involved in the design, development, delivery and coordination of our projects across the whole stack. Activities will include:
- Requirements gathering
- Design and development of cloud native applications and services
- Leading an agile team and setting the technical direction of projects
- Estimating and assisting in pre-sales activities
- Ensuring code quality and delivering improvements to team processes, tooling and techniques
- Creating, and working to, a project schedule
- Mentoring, coaching and sharing knowledge with others
- Some offsite travel and working.
Who Are You?
You are a seasoned technical lead or senior developer looking to move to the next level, with an excellent understanding of good software development practices, patterns and architecture, including unit and integration testing.
You are self-driven to lead a high performing team to rapidly deliver projects and changes. You are able to combine your programming and cloud automation knowledge with a DevOps culture.
You should have or aspire to gain a thorough grounding and proven track record in developing applications across the stack, using a wide range of technologies. We grow and develop a team of polyglot programmers so a passion for learning and sharing is vital.
You should be an excellent communicator, able to lead, influence and collaborate in dynamic agile team based environments. A growth mind-set and the ability to think creatively is essential.
Some projects will require that you undertake and be eligible for UK security clearance (BPSS or SC).
- Technical Leadership
- Core and Enterprise Java including Spring
- Worked with more than one programming language
- Experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS or Azure)
- Requirements gathering
- System design and a firm grasp of SOLID principles
- RESTful Web Services
- Software Design patterns
- Strong presentation skills
- Test automation (e.g. Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin)
- TDD (Test driven development)
- Agile, Scrum
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining AWS infrastructure
- GIS e.g. ArcGIS, GeoServer, GeoNetwork
As well as a competitive salary dependent upon experience, we also offer great benefits including:
- 7.5% Pension contribution
- Performance related bonus
- Life insurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development (e.g. conference attendance, AWS certification)
- Flexibility in working arrangements (e.g. some homeworking)
Culture is at the heart of our growth. With values developed by our employees, our customers needs and challenges are behind our drive and passion. Our commitment is to offer cutting edge solutions, provide support and adapt to meet our customer needs. This would not be possible without the growth mentality and love of technology encapsulated by all at Rowe IT. We passionately believe in knowledge sharing and continual development. To do this we have created a culture which allows employees to grow by exploring new areas and skills. Our employees are the best at what they do and are at the heart of our culture. We encourage flexibility of working to ensure a healthy work/life balance. We are one team; supportive and fun celebrating individuality. We are Rowe IT
If you are passionate about your work, proactive and curious about new technology and solutions, we want to hear from you. Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Just so you know, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or choice of mobile phone.