Rowe IT is a growing software engineering company developing solutions for our public and private sector clients, using cutting edge technology and the latest agile techniques.
We’re an exciting, progressive business which has developed strong working relationships with our clients. At the heart of this is our staff; people who believe in collaboration and have passion and pride in what they achieve. As a part of this you will have the opportunity to flexibly work in a modern, vibrant office and expand your knowledge and skills into exciting new areas. As Rowe IT grows, we will ensure you do too.
Based in our Plymouth HQ, you will be working as part of a multi-skilled team to assure secure delivery to our clients based across the UK. Your role will be hands on, involved in the assessing risk and vulnerabilities, and recommending courses of action to rectify or mitigate issues, for a wide range of clients. Activities will include:
- Co-ordinating cybersecurity activities in support of clients’ Information Security Management Systems
- Performing cybersecurity risk assessments
- Ensuring compliance with industry regulations such as ISO27001 and CyberEssentials Plus
- Determining appropriate business continuity and disaster recovery solutions
- Working to a project schedule
- Suggest improvements to team processes, tooling and techniques
- Share knowledge and experience with others
- Some offsite travel and working will be required
- Gain/Maintain industry recognised certifications
Who are you?
You are someone who focusses on ensuring an organisation operates in securely, safeguarding assets and information from cyber-attack, and protecting the privacy of individuals. You are focused on how to achieve results in a secure way rather than simply identifying insecure practices. You are looking to move to the next level, and work across many different clients and projects.
You should be an excellent communicator and be able to collaborate and operate in dynamic agile team-based environments. A growth mind-set and the ability to think creatively is essential.
Some projects will require that you undertake and be eligible for UK security clearance (BPSS or SC).
- Demonstrable experience of solution design, risk assessment, as well as vulnerability identification and mitigation.
- Knowledge and experience of common public sector approaches to risk management, e.g. ISO27005, HMG IS1 and IS2, NIST, NIS CAF, IEC 62443.
- Experience of supporting Ministry of Defence secure accreditation, including RMADS and JSP604/440
- Able to perform risk assessments for ISO27001 and CyberEssentials compliance
- One or more recognised industrial qualifications such as CCSP, CISM, CISSP, SABSA, GIAC Security Essentials
- Knowledge of available security controls and techniques on leading cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Commercial awareness including recognising costs and opportunities in any proposed security controls, and identifying and managing risks to project delivery
As well as a competitive salary dependent upon experience, we also offer great benefits including:
- 7.5% Pension contribution
- Performance related bonus
- Life insurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development (including conference attendance)
- High specification laptop
- Onsite cafe
Culture is at the heart of our growth. With values developed by our employees, our customers needs and challenges are behind our drive and passion. Our commitment is to offer cutting edge solutions, provide support and adapt to meet our customer needs. This would not be possible without the growth mentality and love of technology encapsulated by all at Rowe IT. We passionately believe in knowledge sharing and continual development. To do this we have created a culture which allows employees to grow by exploring new areas and skills. Our employees are the best at what they do and are at the heart of our culture. We encourage flexibility of working to ensure a healthy work/life balance. We are one team; supportive and fun celebrating individuality. We are Rowe IT
If you are passionate about your work, proactive and curious about new technology and solutions, we want to hear from you. Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Just so you know, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or choice of mobile phone.